My Blog List

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tibet Girl


Tibet Girl

I consider Asia my second home and I feel especially captivated by by the nomads of Tibet,an area I have visited numerous times over the last to decades.I fell drawn to those who live close to the land,documenting communities that my not last even another generation.

On this trip I was driving in the remote eastern region of Tibetan Plateau when I saw this young girl,part of a crowd returning from a horse festival. It was  pouring rain,so I brought her to a nearby school to take her photograph.She was so small that the light from the window barely reached her ; I had to stand her on a desk. Even at the age of four,she had a face that seemed to express the underlying sadness of a culture that has been so challenged.Yet she had a look of resilience and tenacity well beyond her years - Alison Wright
  



No comments:

Post a Comment